When Jungle Boy and HOOK teamed up on the Jan. 11 episode of dynamite To take on Big Bill and Lee Moriarty, AEW said the JungleHOOK partnership was “a one-night only”. That immediately struck me as an outlandish claim, given how much AEW wrestlers relied on being in teams or factions to get consistent TV time.
It didn’t take long for AEW to break his word.
Boy defeated Ethan Page on tonight’s (January 20) episode of frenzy. Page had several members of The Firm in the ring to fight, so HOOK came out late in the match to even the odds. This led to a misunderstanding between Page and Matt Hardy, which allowed Jungle to pick up the win. After the match, Paige berated Hardy slightly before challenging JungleHOOK to a tag team match the next week at dynamite.
The match was made official, meaning JungleHOOK would be wrestling as a unit for the second time. It’s hard to complain about the handsomest team in wrestling going on, so enjoy it while you can.
Here’s the current lineup for next week’s (January 25th) episode of AEW dynamite:
- Darby Allen (c) vs. Paddy Matthews for the TNT Championship
- Brian Danielson vs. Brian Cage
- Robbie Soho vs. Tony Storm vs. Brett Baker
- Action Andretti and Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara
- JungleHOOK vs. Ethan Page and Matt Hardy
- Family therapy with The Acclaimed & The Gunn Club
Do you like what you see, Cagesiders?