dynamite Airing tonight (January 18th) with a live show from Save Mart Center in Fresno, CA. AEW is less than seven weeks away from the next pay-per-view on the calendar, revolutionwhich is scheduled for March 5.
It’s already time for the Young Bucks to lose
The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega are the new ones AEW World Trios Champions After coming from behind to win the last three games in a best-of-seven series against the Triangle of Death. One week later, Matt and Nick Jackson started a tag team match dynamite vs. Top Flight (Dante and Darius Martin).
On the surface, it might be easy to dismiss the possibility of Top Flight winning this match, but it’s worth noting that these players have been going back and forth with the Blackpool Combat Club in recent weeks. With the Bucks storming after a grueling seven-game streak, along with no belts on the line in this matchup, it’s a great time for the hot young team to pick up a win.
A win on Top Flight could easily set them up for a three-way match for the title (with AR Fox) against The Elite between now and then revolutionwhile losing brings them closer to joining the group of very talented wrestlers like Konosuke Takeshita who have great matches but rarely win. dynamite.
Will Top Flight be able to get rid of the turbulence? You will have to set files dynamite You find it outside.
The rest of tonight’s lineup
Bryan Danielson must continue to win every week through February 8th in order to earn a 60-Minute Iron Man match at revolution against AEW World Champion MJF. He defeated Bryan Takeshita last week, and it is very likely that he will win again in tonight’s match against Bandido. The difference this time is that dynamite It doesn’t have an obvious main event match, so this could be a running event for this venue if there’s an interesting post-match angle planned with MJF.
Darby Allen Fight TNT Champion Who is willing to put up with anyone and everyone. AEW President Tony Khan brings in former NXT and current NJPW star Kushida to test Darby’s limits this week. As with Danielson’s match, the score is clear. Will Samoa Joe or Wardlaw reappear after the match to come in search of their old belt?
Jay Lethal challenges Orange Cassidy for a Pan Atlantic Championship broadcast tonight. This match came about after Lethal and Jeff Jarrett attacked Golden Globe winner Paul Walter Hauser and stole his award, only to be chased after by Cassidy and best friends.
Also on the card is Ricky Starks vs. Jake Hager in a singles match. The Starks are looking for revenge after Hagar blasted him through a table two weeks ago. The Starks promo last week insulting Hagar didn’t quite hit the right note. Andretti’s work better be on standby to help fend off what’s left of Jericho’s estimation association.
Willow Nightingale goes head to head with Toni Storm in the only women’s match on the card. Nightingale quickly catches on with the crowd, so it will be interesting to see if AEW scripted her win over the former Women’s Champion. If Willow loses, will it be because she hasn’t fully recovered from the barbed wire bloodbath street fight last week?
After defeating Jon Moxley last week, Hangman Page is set to interview Renee Paquette tonight. Paquette happens to be Moxley’s wife, and tensions could be running high after Moxley apparently suffered some head trauma in their fight. Will ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli confronts the Cowboy after what he did to his Blackpool Fight Club colleague?
Other things to watch
– After yesterday’s tragic death of ROH Tag Team Champion Jay Briscoe, it’s not clear how far AEW will go to honor him tonight. It was rumored that the Briscoes never appeared on AEW television due to someone at WarnerMedia opposing the idea, so this is likely a complicating factor while AEW tries to figure out the best way to handle the situation.
– AEW World Tag Team Champions Donkey and father insulted their ass boys frenzy knock down their pants. It’s not exactly the best angle to set up a future tag team championship match.
– TBS Champion Finally, Jade Cargill kicked Red Velvet out of The Baddies. This decision wasn’t surprising given Reid’s recent dependency. However, Cargill is still trying to find her footing after a storyline that fell out with Bow Wow and not much fan investment in Velvet.
– JUNGLEHOOK ONE TIME JUNGLEHOOK had a massive hit in last week’s match against The Firm’s Big Bill and Lee Moriarty. This really couldn’t be the end of their handsome union, could it?
– Swerve Strickland and Mogul Affiliates vow to be the most sadistic and menacing tag team in AEW in 2023. They may just change their tune when Keith Lee returns and gets his hands on them.
Powerhouse Hobbs still talks big game about hurting people, but he just can’t get any ring time on AEW TV.
Eddie Kingston and Ortiz are having trouble getting along thanks to the House of Black. How long will it last until their conflict turns violent?
Adam Cole is back in AEW. He cut a babyface show last week and put the rest of the AEW roster on notice as he continues to lead the company. Which heel will be the first to exclude the words of Adam?
– Was it really an accident last week when Hikaru Shida’s decision to throw his kendo stick into the ring backfired, resulting in Team Saraya losing a match against Brett Baker and AEW World Women’s Champion Jimmy Hayter?
– Where f*** is miro?
what are you looking for dynamite?