Battle in the valleyNew Japan Pro-Wrestling’s show in San Jose, California this coming Saturday (February 18th) is already sold out. It happened with only one match – challenging Mercedes Mone KAIRI for the IWGP Women’s Championship – announced for the card, and everything that’s been added since is pretty exciting.
This included a defense of the IWGP World Heavyweight Title. And after today The new beginning in Osaka show, we know it will be the first singles match in over a year between legendary opponents Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi.
Tanahashi defeated KENTA early in the show. He then joined in on commentary, and after Okada successfully defended his belt against Shingo Takagi in the main event, he accepted a challenge from the man who succeeded him as the “Ace” of New Japan.
「” 最後 の 挑 戦 “だ と 思 っ て か か っ て き て 下 さ い」
⇒https://t.co/2u9lXxUkwY# I went down #njpw pic.twitter.com/DCwcVytFAI
– 新 日本 プ ロ レ ス リ ン グ 株式会社 (@ njpw1972) February 11, 2023
It’s been five years since Okada and Tanahashi fought for the top prize of New Japan, and only the second time they’ve had a one-on-one match in the United States (the first was the 2019 G1 Climax showdown in Dallas).
This is the updated card for Battle in the valleywhich you can stream on Fit:
• Kairi (c) vs. Mercedes Moon for the IWGP Women’s Championship
• Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
• Fred Rosser (c) vs. KENTA for the NJPW Heavyweight Openweight Championship
• Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. a World Class Wrecking Team for the NJPW Strong Tag Team Titles
• Zack Saber Jr. (c) vs. Clark Connors for the NJPW World Television Championship
• Eddie Kingston vs. Jay White
Tom Lawlor vs. Homicide in a Dirty Rules match
• Mascara Dorada, Josh Alexander, Adrian Quest, and Rocky Romero vs. Kushaida, Kevin Knight, Volador Jr., and DKC