Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- In this week Wrestling NewsletterIn Exclaim!, Dave Meltzer wrote that the story of Mercedes Moné making more money than Chris Jericho made in NJPW is untrue, and “it’s not even close”. She gets paid “very good money on a per appearance basis,” but it’s still not at the level of what she would have earned in WWE or AEW.
- wrestling I’ve heard WWE is filming “spoof movie” shows for WrestleMania 39 in Hollywood, similar to the ones the company produced for WrestleMania 21 in Los Angeles. Some of the wrestlers who will be taking part in this parody are the Street Profits, Brawling Brutes, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre.
- As far as a potential sale to WWE is concerned, the Observer notes that “the belief is that [Vince] McMahon’s presence is a hindrance, not an aid, in these negotiations.”
- according to PW from the insideThe match between Jimmy Hayter and Rabbit on AEW Dynamite this week ended early because Rabbit was injured. It is believed that she “may have suffered a concussion or even a possible fracture of the orbital bone.”
- on Observer Wrestling RadioMeltzer said JBL and Baron Corbin’s breakup this week wasn’t the original plan when WWE set them up months ago. Triple H decided it wasn’t working, so he pulled the plug.
- “A big name in gaming,” he said. Andrew Zarian Matt for Men that AEW: Fight Forever The release date of the video game is expected to be in the second quarter of 2023.
- while appearing on Matt Hardy podcastSean Ross Sapp addressed Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows as not being available Royal Rumble And the last episodes of raw. Apparently, WWE has agreed to a clause in The Good Brothers’ new contracts that basically states, “If you’re not going to use us, we don’t want to be there.”
If you’ve heard any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.