Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- PW from the inside He said that there was “definitely a lot of fear” within WWE following the news of Vince McMahon’s return to the board of directors. Several people told Insider that they “wanted out” when he returned.
- The insider stated that many people in WWE were “living in denial” that Vince would return to power, while others were unaware that it could happen. Everyone they spoke to at the company had a similar reaction about “how crazy” things were since word broke about McMahon’s plot to win his place back.
- Sean Ross Sapp He points out that Man Jeet Singh, who resigned from the WWE board yesterday when Vince McMahon officially returned, was the lead in-house investigator into McMahon’s unwanted financial payments. Insider said Singh pressed WWE hard to “do their due diligence and investigate” when the scandal was exposed last year. Singh’s resignation was described as “the least shocking news” of the day.
- For what it’s worth, Insider was told that Vince McMahon wasn’t at WWE headquarters yesterday, despite rumors to the contrary among WWE employees.
- wrestling She claims that “business as usual” was the main topic of WWE’s omnibus meeting on Friday that dealt with Vince’s return to the company.
- Sports Front Office I’ve heard that “the Saudi Public Investment Fund is emerging as a possible bid for WWE” if the company ever goes up for sale. The website indicates that the Public Investment Fund “controls assets of about $620 billion.”
- Uncle Howdy’s identity seems to be a mystery to most people in WWE. combat selection It was said that the person behind the mask did not take off the costume in front of others backstage.
- Regarding Mercedes Mooney’s (FCA Sasha Banks) debut in NJPW Wrestling Kingdom 17And the Wrestling Newsletter Dave Meltzer heard that most fans in the live audience “didn’t know who she was” because “most of the new fans in Japan aren’t fans of WWE or women’s wrestling.”
- After giving 6.25 stars to Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay at the Tokyo Dome, Meltzer said the wrestlers held off some of the big moves because the idea is to do a “series of matches”. Their match is expected to be at Wrestling Kingdom 17 It will be mentioned on AEW TV soon.
- Fightful has confirmed that EJ Nduka’s deal with MLW has expired and he is a free agent. Per WON, “There is interest in him from several promotions including WWE that have shown some interest in bringing him back.”
If you have heard any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.