Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- according to Wrestling NewsletterMercedes Moné already has some traction with New Japan/Stardom due to social media posts promoting competitors like Sendai Girls and Tokyo Joshi Pro. “The feeling is that now with Bushiroad, she is [should] You should only promote Bushiroad companies in Japan.” Dave Meltzer noted that Mooney did not go to the Stardom dojo while in Japan.
- There are rumors that after Vince McMahon returned to WWE, he sent letters to several divisions saying that they were “doing wrong things”, fighting.
- Choose a fight I’ve heard from multiple sources in WWE that “Stephanie usually composed [McMahon] She was frustrated and frustrated” by the way her team was “dismantled” by Vince.
- Citing analysis from Morgan StanleyThe observer notes that SmackDown It was “the biggest money loser for FOX”, in part because of “the lowest ad rates of any network Friday night primetime show”. FOX’s financial losses are expected to compound in the last two years of the current TV deal.
- According to WON, people within WWE have said that Saudi Arabia is “in the running but not the favourite” to buy WWE.
- Contacts within Comcast and Disney told Fightful that it was doubtful that “any major company” would want to keep Vince McMahon “in any capacity” after purchasing WWE.
- Zero News He claims that the unified titles held by Roman Reigns and The Usos will be “split” before WrestleMania 39.
- Sources said Pretty Deadly “did a really great job” working major house shows this past weekend PW from the inside.
If you have heard any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.