Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- While it’s clear that WWE’s sale to Saudi Arabia isn’t a “done deal” as was discussed Tuesday night, there is still plenty of speculation that it could still happen. It’s fueled by the carefully worded deniability, and the lack of any comment from WWE about the story even when it seemed to have an effect on the stock price.
- In discussing tweets that falsely reported a sale and its impact on Wednesday’s trading, CNBC’s David Faber He said He’s heard “from potential buyers that it’s pretty much unclear if Vince McMahon really wants to sell this thing”.
- Observer Wrestling RadioDave Meltzer says Vince McMahon began talking to the Saudis about a possible sale shortly after his “retirement” in July.
- on me Ranger Wrestling ShowDavid Shoemaker said Vince McMahon returned to the WWE offices this week, and is “working exclusively on selling the company.”
- in his last episode What happened when the podcastConrad Thompson claimed that he had heard that if Nick Khan helped facilitate the WWE sale, he would receive a bonus worth “more than a year’s AEW television contract.”
- “There were many wrestlers who told me they would leave WWE if Saudi Arabia ended up leading,” Sean Ross Sapp chirp.
- a Choose a fight The report also said that there would likely be a “retreat” of talent if Vince took creative charge.
- William Regal’s new WWE title is Vice President, Global Talent Development, per PW from the inside.
- Insider also says that X-Pac and Kane are slated for a 30th anniversary episode raw On January 23rd. Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, and Tatanka have all appeared on social media and/or podcasts.
If you have heard any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.