Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- Observer Wrestling Radio Dave Meltzer has been told that Triple H doesn’t see Sami Zayn as a main character at WrestleMania or the face of WWE.
- Meltzer adds that even though Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has no competition in him WrestleMania 39 This year, he left the door open for next year’s game at WrestleMania 40.
- wrestling I heard there were plans to book a Triple Threat match for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 39 Between Seamus, Gunther and Drew McIntyre. Many people in WWE designs want the match to be “towards the top” of the card.
- to me Choose a fightVince McMahon was not there Royal Rumble 2023 And he had no creative input on the show. One talent told the site that Vince’s absence helped make it the easiest Rumbles to handle in years, in part because of the lack of last-minute changes.
- bloomberg I heard from “a person familiar with management’s thinking” that AEW is considering the idea of starting a streaming service through its current broadcast partner, Warner Bros. Discovery.
- for every Tokyo SportsKeiji Muto said he suffered a torn hamstring in both legs during his match at The Great Muta Final Bye-Bye.
If you have heard any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.