You are currently viewing The Delaware State Police is releasing details of the accident that took the life of Jay Briscoe

The Delaware State Police is releasing details of the accident that took the life of Jay Briscoe

Twitter Impact Wrestling

More information continues to emerge about the traffic accident that took the life of Jamin “Jay Briscoe” Pugh, and left his two daughters in the hospital — one of whom is in critical condition.

The Delaware State Police has it issued a statement about their investigation of the accident. He reveals that Bog’s car was hit by another car that swerved in his path for unknown reasons. The driver of that vehicle, whose identity was revealed in the report, was also declared dead at the scene.

Jay wasn’t wearing a seat belt, but luckily it looks like his girl was. Here are the relevant sections of the report:

On January 17, 2023, at approximately 5:09 p.m., the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 was heading west on Laurel Road just west of Goose Nest Road. At the same time, a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 was heading east on Laurel Road in the same vicinity. For unknown reasons, the driver of the Silverado 1500 pickup truck failed to stay in its lane, crossed the center line, and entered the east lane of Laurel Road, directly into the path of the Silverado 2500. This resulted in a head-on collision between the two pickup trucks in the east lane.

The driver of the Silverado 1500, identified as 27-year-old Lillian Ternan of Frankford, Delaware, was wearing her seatbelt. The Silverado 2500 driver, identified as 38-year-old Jamin Bowe, of Laurel, Delaware, was not wearing a seatbelt. Both drivers were declared dead at the scene. The occupants in Pugh’s pickup truck, identified as his 12-year-old daughter and 9-year-old daughter, were properly restrained. The two girls were taken by ambulance to an area hospital and were admitted in critical condition.

The involvement of alcohol in this incident is unknown. No other vehicles were involved in this collision. The road was closed for about four hours while the scene was investigated and cleared.

Leave a Reply