dynamite Broadcast tonight (January 11th) with a live presentation from the Kia Forum in Los Angeles, California. AEW is less than eight weeks away from the next pay-per-view on the calendar, revolutionwhich is scheduled for March 5.
The rumors about Sasha Banks coming to AEW are finally over
Almost five weeks ago, AEW announced a tag team match on tonight’s episode of dynamite In Los Angeles: Saraya and a Mystery Partner vs. AEW World Women’s Champion Jimmy Hayter.
Rumors instantly flared up with talk of former WWE star Sasha Banks coming to AEW. She quit WWE in May 2022 and has not yet made a professional wrestling appearance, with reports suggesting she will become a free agent on January 1, 2023. This AEW tag team match has no stakes, so it wouldn’t make sense to announce it five weeks ahead of time. Determined unless something major is in the pipeline like Banks coming to AEW.
Sasha has since returned to pro wrestling under her new name Mercedes Money with an appearance last week in NJPW Wrestling Kingdom 17And there’s a lot of uncertainty about whether she’ll actually be appearing on AEW tonight. The growing uncertainty is related to the fact that Saraya announced last week that her mystery partner would, in fact, be Tony Storm. Was AEW President Tony Khan trying to soften expectations because he didn’t have a deal with Banks?
Saraya was declared disrespectful towards Hikaru Shida, so there’s a very good chance that Shida will be in tonight’s match, regardless of whether or not Merceds Moné is in the building. It’s worth noting that Brett Baker called herself the manager elsewhere in the ring, which convinced many fans that The Boss is still on the way to AEW.
Storm’s announcement as Saraya’s partner doesn’t necessarily tell us much about Moné’s status in AEW. It seems unlikely that NJPW would pay Mercedes a huge amount of money just to have her rematch come with another wrestling promotion, so AEW’s plan throughout their debut could have been to be part of an angle instead of competing in a tag match. .
The bottom line is that after weeks of rumors flooding in about a possible Sasha Banks coming to AEW on January 11th, we finally get our definitive answer tonight on a loaded screencast. dynamite Card.
The rest of tonight’s lineup
The best-of-seven series between the Death Triangle and The Elite concludes tonight at Escalera de la Muerte. Only one team can appear with a name AEW World ChampionsThey will have to climb a ladder in order to get the gold. PAC, Rey Fenix, Pentagon, Young Bucks, and Kenny Omega have all destroyed home in each of their previous six games in this series, so the stage is set for an amazing finale.
After weeks of wild brawls and medical drama, the much-anticipated rematch between Jon Moxley and Hangman Page takes place tonight. Paige was beaten and concussed by Moxley the last time they wrestled dynamite in October. The world title was on the line in that match, but this time it was personal and all about kicking another man to prove who is at the top of the food chain in AEW.
The Bryan Danielson vs. Konosuke Takeshita match is going to happen tonight, and it’s going to be amazing. Bryan must wrestle and win every week after that dynamite Until February 8th to earn 60 minutes of Iron Man vs AEW World Champion MJF in revolution. I imagine MJF will show his dumb face in LA at some point, perhaps out of a fancy box to scout the competition.
For one night only, Jungle Boy and FTW Champion HOOK teams up together to form the unstoppable duo of JUNGLEHOOK. After weeks of attacks and confrontations, they would take on The Firm’s Big Bill & Lee Moriarty in a tag team staple match. HOOK is still undefeated in AEW going into this fight.
Finally, we’ll hear from the Jericho Appreciation Society. Chris Jericho’s faction has been feuding with Ricky Starks and Action Andretti in recent weeks. After the Starks’ victory over Jericho last week, are any JAS followers likely to question the effectiveness of Jericho’s leadership going forward?
Other things to watch
– Darby Allen’s body must be aching after what he went through last week, and he defeated Samoa Joe to become the new one TNT Champion, then defending the title against Mike Bennett. How will TV’s only true king react to losing the tournament? Will Wardlaw show up tonight looking for a response to Joe or a shot at the new champ?
– And still acclaimed AEW World Tag Team Champions After defeating Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal in separate matches last week. Will the heroes appear on tonight’s broadcast for a short cameo with Daddy Ass?
– AEW All-Atlantic Champion Orange Cassidy retained his belt against Kip Sabian last week, but it’s still not clear if there’s any tension going on in his relationship with Best Friends.
– It seems TBS Champion Jade Cargill is on a collision course with former ally Red Velvet. Velvet became top notch Cargill’s belt the last time they fought each other in November 2021, and there’s no reason to believe Red has what it takes to end Cargill’s undefeated streak after over a year.
The Ass Boys said FTR would never work for AEW again. It’s hard to take these guys seriously on AEW’s loaded roster, but they’re being pushed at the moment.
– Keith Lee hasn’t returned yet since Swerve Strickland and Mogul Affiliates dumped him last month with a cinder block.
Powerhouse Hobbs has been doing a lot of talking lately, while running in a whack-a-mole or two on AEW’s YouTube shows. It seems like the time has come for him to really step it up and test himself against better competition.
House of Black vs. Eddie Kingston & Ortiz will happen later this week frenzy. Malakai Black uses coded messages to sow division between Kingston and Ortiz. Does he have one last message for them tonight?
– frenzy It will also feature a tag team street fight pitting Robbie Soho and Willow Nightingale vs. Anna Jay and Tye Milo. AEW would overplay this with a reminder of the infamous barbed wire bloodbath that Jay and Milo endured frenzy December 2021. We’ll likely get more signs of violent violence in any related promotions that air tonight.
– Where f*** is miro?
what are you looking for dynamite?